Spring is upon us.
With the warm sunshine comes breezy porch lunches which highlight light, fresh foods. It’s the time of year our seasonal favorites make their way back to us after a long and dreary winter.
This Waldorf-ish Salad features our very own (world’s best!) Freeze-Dried Grapes. Their crunchy, satisfying bite provides a new and exciting eating experience.
Step into Springtime deliciously, and enjoy!
Waldorf-ish Salad with Freeze Dried Grapes and Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 Fuji apple chopped
- 2-3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 Tbs candied walnuts
- ½ cup Homegrown Organic Farms Freeze-Dried Grapes
- 3-4 leaves of greens, washed and torn
- ¼ cup of Gouda cheese, cubed
- 7-8 strawberries blended and strained if desired
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large salad bowl, add lettuce greens, apple, celery, walnuts, and cheese. Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss. Last, sprinkle on freeze-dried grapes and serve.