Winter is the best time of year to indulge ourselves a little more than we’re used to. It doesn’t hurt that this pomegranate cheesecake is essentially decadence on a plate (and your palate).
Starting with the homemade crust, we get a satisfying crunch. The cloud-like filling melts in your mouth while the power combo topping finishes each bite off with class.
You’ve worked hard all year long, you deserve a slice (or 3).
- 1 ½ cups of Chocolate Graham Crackers
- 3 Tbs of sugar
- 4 Tbs of melted butter
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup Pomegranate juice (approx. 2-3 poms seeded and pressed for juice)
- 1 Tbs Orange Zest
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- 24 oz of Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Melted butter for greasing pan
- Your favorite chocolate sauce
- Pomegranate arils
- Pulse graham crackers in blender, add sugar, cinnamon, salt and pulse again.
- Slowly pour in melted butter and stir with spatula until evenly distributed. Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and smooth out evenly with spatula or bottom of a small ramekin.
- Bake in oven at 325F for about 15 mins, remove and allow to cool completely. When cooled, wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil and place pan inside a large deep roasting pan.
Making the filling:
- Using a hand or standing mixer, combine sugar and orange zest until sugar becomes a light orange color and is well blended. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl soften cream cheese with mixer and then slowly add in sugar/zest mixture until well blended. Add in eggs, two at a time, followed by pomegranate juice, vanilla, and salt. Last, add in heavy cream and mix by hand with spatula.
- Grease the sides of the springform pan with your extra melted butter and then pour filling mixture into pan and smooth top of cake with spatula. Place springform pan in roasting pan and place both in the oven. Fill the roasting pan with hot water until the water level reaches the middle of the springform pan.
- Cook cake in the oven at 325F for about 1 hour, or until the center of the cake is slightly jiggly and the sides are starting to puff up. When finished cooking allow the cake to cool in the oven (turned off) with the door open for about 1 hr. Remove from oven and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 4 hours. When chilled, removed from springform pan, slice and serve topped with your favorite chocolate sauce and pomegranate arils.
Makes one 9 inch cheesecake.