This family favorite has been completely re-imagined for you to enjoy.
Bread pudding has always been considered a classic, and we’ve simply added some zing. Adding fresh orange zest gives a wonderful aromatic experience while the juice ties it all together.
This is truly comfort food at its finest.
Orange Glazed Bread Pudding
Get inspired with this twist on classic bread pudding.
- 12 slices of white bread, chopped into large chunks
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbs butter plus more for greasing
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs fresh orange Juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Place milk, butter, vanilla, sugar, salt in pot on stove top and cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter melted. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss bread chunks with cinnamon and raisins.
- Grease four 8 oz ramekins with butter.
- When milk mixture is cooled, add in eggs, two at a time and whisk until well blended. Pour 3 tbs of mixture into each ramekin, then pour the remaining mixture into the bowl with bread and mix until bread is well coated. Preheat oven to 350F and allow the bread/custard mixture to sit.
- When the oven is heated, spoon bread mixture into each of the ramekins and place in oven for 35-40 mins or until the custard mixture is mostly firm and puddings are slightly brown on top. Puddings will rise during baking and fall after removed from heat.
- While pudding is cooking make orange glaze by mixing powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest until well blended.
- Remove puddings from oven, allow to cool slightly and drizzle with orange glaze. Serve and enjoy!
Makes four 8oz servings.