Gluten-Free Pomegranate Avocado Grilled Cheese
Warm, gooey, sweet, and savory. Our gluten-free pomegranate avocado grilled cheese is the best of both worlds, featuring your favorite cheese and sweet pomegranate jelly. Grill it up to perfection, and enjoy.
- 1 cup of fresh organic pomegranate juice (approx. 2-3 pomegranates)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp pectin
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate arils
- 4 slices of your favorite multigrain, gluten-free bread
- 3-4 slices of swiss cheese or brie, or your favorite melting non-dairy cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh organic greens of your choice (arugula, spinach, kale)
- 1/2 avocado mashed and mixed with a sprinkle of fresh organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of butter or non-dairy buttery spread
Jelly: Combine pomegranate juice, sugar, pepper, and pectin in a medium saucepan and bring to a rolling boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Pour mixture into heat resistant bowl and allow to cool slightly. Stire in arils and allow to cool completely and gel.
Sandwich: Bring griddle to high hear. Butter opposite sides of four slices of gluten-free bread and top two slices with avocado spread, pomegranate jelly, cheese, and greens (in desired order). Combine slices into sandwich and grill until browned on each side and cheese is thoroughly melted. Slice and serve.
Makes two sandwiches.