What better time to cook a beautiful meal than in summertime? The sun is warm, spirits are high, and all you’re craving is a meal that wows. This chicken piccata with zucchini zoodles and a zesty hint of lemon is beautiful and delectable, and we believe it is a dish that doesn’t disappoint. So, please, enjoy!
Chicken Piccata with Zucchini Zoodles
- 2 chicken breast cutlets
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbs cooking sherry
- 3-4 medium sized zucchini – made into zoodles
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbs of capers
- 1 large ziplock bag
- Add flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to plastic bag, seal and shake. Add in chicken cutlets and seal. Shake until chicken has a nice thin coat of flour mixture, remove cutlets and set aside.
- On the stove top, heat butter and olive oil in a pan on medium heat until slightly melted. Place chicken in pan coating each cutlet with butter mixture and cook until each side is lightly browned. Add in chicken stock, cooking sherry, and lemon juice.
- Simmer chicken until sauce thickens slightly and chicken reaches at least 165F. Remove chicken from pan and set aside, quickly toss zucchini noodles in the pan for 1-2 minutes with sauce.
- Portion out zoodles on plate, top with chicken, and pour remaining pan juices over chicken. Serve with sliced lemons and capers. Serves 2.