Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and it’s time to show the moms in our lives just how much we appreciate them. One way to do this is by making a homemade breakfast that is sure to impress. Dads and kids, this one’s for you!
Five Ways to Celebrate Mom
First, let’s talk about some ways to celebrate mom on her special day. Here are some ideas:
Start the day off with breakfast in bed. This is where that homemade breakfast recipe will come in handy!
Give her a thoughtful gift that shows you know her interests and hobbies.
Take her on a nature walk or to a local park for a picnic.
Set aside some quality time to do an activity that she enjoys, whether it’s a movie marathon or a DIY craft project.
Write her a heartfelt card expressing your gratitude for all she does.
Now, let’s get to the recipe! This simple and delicious breakfast is easy enough for kids to help with and will definitely make mom feel special.
Homemade Berries and Cream French Toast Bake
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 roughly torn croissants
- 1 jar blueberry jam
- 8 cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 tbsp cold salted butter, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- powdered sugar and maple syrup to top (optional)
- Butter a baking dish, then set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Add the torn croissants and toss to combine.
- Place half of the croissants in the baking dish, then spoon the cream cheese and jam over the croissants. Add the remaining croissants and pour any liquid from the bowl overtop. Cover the baking dish and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 375F. Lay the butter slices over top of the croissants and top with foil. Bake for 20 minutes and remove the foil. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the croissants are golden brown.
- Serve the French toast topped with mixed berries and a dusting of powdered sugar. Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
Voila! A delicious and thoughtful breakfast that is sure to make mom’s day. Don’t forget to clean up the kitchen afterward! Happy Mother’s Day to all the amazing moms out there.