Our Favorite Blueberry Recipes
Summer is a special time in that so many fruits are in season, with our fan favorite blueberries being at the top of the list! Here at Homegrown, we have collected a series of blueberry recipes for you to try throughout your summer, and we hope that you enjoy them. Tag us @hgofarms on Instagram, if you try your hand at any of these recipes, for a chance to be featured. Happy cooking!
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups organic blueberries (2 half-pints)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix to combine. In a separate bowl, add the buttermilk, butter, lemon zest, and eggs and mix to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix just until blended. Fold the blueberries into the batter to combine. Careful not to over mix!
- With a large ice-cream or cookie scoop, scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling them till they are three quarters full. You can top with coarse sugar for added texture before baking as well. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- 1 pound of fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 organic lemon, zest and juice
- Zest and juice lemon, set aside.
- Combine blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepot. Bring to a boil and continue to simmer on medium low until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, anywhere from 20-30 minutes.
- When it reaches the desired jam consistency, remove from heat and add lemon zest. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before placing into jars, then freeze until ready to serve.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz organic blueberries
- Combine all the ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend on high until well combined.
- Immediately pour into an ice cream maker and churn. Once the ice cream has frozen, scoop and serve with fresh berries to top!
Blueberries are a sweet treat on their own, but can be combined with other unique flavors that will make your taste buds sing! Trust your senses and experiment in the kitchen with your favorite fruits and flavors.
Don’t forget to share your creations with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Find more of our favorite organic fruit recipes on Pinterest and our website.